Saturday, September 24, 2011

To Whom

If you could ask anyone in the world a question, what would it be and to whom?

This is akin to narrowing one's choices for three wishes to a hypothetical genie. I can't seem to begin to choose just one person and one question, but I'd probably start with a few very poignant yet deep and pertinent questions with stellar mind-body consciousnesses of the past and present.

I'd ask Jesus of Nazareth what it's like to be the son of G*d.

I'd ask the prophet Muḥammad ibn `Abdullah what it was like to ascend to heaven and meet the former prophets and G*d.

I'd ask Aristotle to wax philosophically on aesthetics and or logic.

I'd ask Siddhārtha Gautama what is the meaning of life, what are the greatest truths to know and follow, and how to find the path to enlightenment. I'd also ask him how it was for him to find his path to enlightenment. What were his trials and tribulations?

I'd also ask Frederich Nietzsche what his deepest feelings are about existentialism and why he had a mental breakdown towards the end of his life. Did it have anything to do with his modes of thought and paths of consciousness that he took in trying to uncover the truths of existence?

As you can see, I do not have a single question nor a single person to inquire. I'd have to take a long time to prepare before I could choose the one person and one question to ask.

No comments: